Learning and Education
Alva has given lectures across a number of areas. She has been awarded prizes for bridging the gap between science and practice.
Her interest includes motivation, autonomy supportive leadership, the link between grit, effort and dynamic mindset, expectations, attention, feedback and performance monitoring.
She works as a consultant, lecturer and entrepreneur and is currently teaching in the field of cognitive neuroscience, psychology and statistics.
Prior to and alongside her work as a lecturer Alva has spent many years working with research on feedback and motivation at Karolinska Institutet in Stockholm, Sweden.
She has a multidisciplinary background starting with a Master's degree in Biomedicial Science and a PhD in Cognitive Neuroscience and has worked with teaching and translating her work into pedagogies for teachers.
Her work as a university teacher has taught her the importance of how we learn.
Topics of interest
- What is motivation?
- Two sides of “grit”.
- Can you become more “gritty”?
- Fixed and growth mindset – what is your view on abilities?
- Can you change your mindset?
- How does a leader’s expectations influence the work climate?
- The power of your own expectations.
- Concentration and flow – personalised learning.
- How does feedback influence your performance?
- Learning from mistakes – why it is not that easy.
- Benefits of autonomy supportive leadership
- How do you give feedback?